This privacy and cookies policy should be read carefully alongside, and in addition to, our
Terms and Conditions.
- This policy applies only to the actions of Charmé by Clarisse Faron and you, concerning this website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Charmé by Clarisse Faron is the "Data Controller". This means that Charmé by Clarisse Faron determines the objectives for which and the manner in which, your personal information is processed.
What do we do with your information?
- When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
- We may also collect your information by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means like a social media channel.
- We may use your information to show you Charmé by Clarisse Faron adverts and other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you Charmé by Clarisse Faron adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies.
How do you get my consent?
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary purpose, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by emailing us at
- You have a right to request that we correct, or delete and remove your information from our systems.
- You also have a right to ask the copies of the information we hold about you, at any time. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we reject your claim, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your information on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy or until you request that the information is deleted.
- Even if we remove your information, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of and Conditions.
- We may share your information with any of our group companies or affiliates, our employees, agents and/or professional advisors to improve your experience of using the website and to enhance our range of products and services.
- Our store is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Your data is stored in Shopify's data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your information on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
- For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify's
Terms of Service here or
Privacy Statement here.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% safe, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
- All Cookies used by this website are used per current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Here is a list of cookies that we use. We've listed them here so that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
(a)_session_id; unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc.).
(b)_shopify_visit; no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider's internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
(c)_shopify_uniq; no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
(d) cart; unique token, persistent for two weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
(e.)_secure_session_id; unique token, sessional.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Age of consent
- By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority, and you have given us your permission to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Changes to this policy
- We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions and contact information
- If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your information or you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or want more information immediately contact our Privacy Compliance Officer by email: